PTSA meetings are held the first Wednesday of every month during the regular school year at 6:30 p.m. in the main school building. Dinner is provided and students are encouraged to attend!
Make a difference. Be involved.
The Bret Harte PTSA (Parent/Teacher/Student Association) is a partnership of parents, guardians, teachers, students and staff. Together, we are committed to improving education for all students. Bret Harte's PTSA focuses on:
- Family Involvement through family events, community work days, parent patrol and other volunteer support
- Improving Communication through such efforts as the From the Harte school newsletter, bobcat-connect and the school's website
- Support for the Principal and Administration through volunteer assistance and financial support for special programs and activities like school beautification and other needs
- Teacher Support in the form of mini-grants for books, classroom supplies, field trips, etc. (made possible by our Heart Bret Harte campaign)
- Advocating for the Needs of Middle School Students at the district level and working with other PTAs on the unique challenges of Oakland middle schools and the shared needs of all California school children.
- Informing Prospective Parents about Bret Harte's unique strengths and offerings as one of the most diverse middle schools in Oakland.